Advocacy’s annual State Profiles provide a snapshot of each state’s small businesses. The profiles gather the latest federal economic data into state-by-state snapshots of small business health and economic activity.
This year’s profiles focus on state small business dynamics and employment. They answer questions like:
- How many small businesses are in my state?
- How many people do small businesses employ?
- How many jobs do they create?
- How many establishments opened and closed?
- What industries have the most small businesses?
- What demographic groups own the most small businesses?
- How much do small businesses export?
Traditional small business datasets still predate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information on how COVID-19 has impacted small businesses, see here.